September 10, 2010

Forgiveness is a brick in hand..

 I write long posts. Allow me to dot point this next one for you.

    + I break up with my ex.
    + My friend comes to my aid and discusses his break up. 
    + I learn that unlike me this happy, loving & caring guy is having trouble letting it go even now.
    + The conversation got heavy and I asked him for the first time to do me a favour. I asked him to forgive his ex for the things she did to him. It is easy to see that her venom circulates his veins in different ways even now, one year later.
 
    + I got him drunk one night, and decided this was it. He needed to fix this once and for all.
    + I drove my drunk friend to the lair of the ginger minge who his girlfriend cheated on him with and subsequently left him for.
    + I had each of us put on medical grade, white surgical gloves.
    + Parked my car 50 meters from the house in question and left it unlocked.
    + I went to the boot of my car.
    + Procured a brick
    + Stood my friend in front of the GinGa's BMW and handed him aforementioned obtuse implement of retribution.
    + I said to him, "Forgiveness is a brick in hand. You can do two things here, you can keep it with you and have it be a weight you carry everywhere. Or, you could let him have it. It'll make you feel light as a feather again I promise. I know it's hard to give someone who took something from you your forgiveness, but its not about him, this is about you. The choice is yours. I say forgive him and move forward."
Holy Bartender's forgiveness WAS given
    + My friend didn't brick the beemer, much to my absolute disappointment, but I knew he wouldn't. I counted on it actually because it wasn't even the cheater's beemer. It was some random BMW in the area the cheater lived near. My mate being to drunk to tell the difference didn't know better. Thing is, BMW drivers love their cars so much they insure the McSHIT out of them so I figured no harm, no foul.
    +The important thing is that it seems my friend understood the point of the exercise, he's asked out a girl he studies with and hopefully it goes somewhere.

With love,

Holy Bartender

1 comment: